Thursday, July 19, 2007

Being an Information Architect

I've got a new job, Global Data Architect and the nice thing is that I can define the job from scratch. So that means I will spend a bit less time on management of people & money (the joys of HR and Finance always overtake the content of somebody's job in the middle ranks) and a bit more data management content. It is another way of putting in practice what I have been preaching.


So what do I plan as my new activities?

What I won't do is focusing on building the perfect data model, like the Oil Industry tried with Epicenter (see http://posc.org/ - the good thing is that also these guys have rebranded themselves into Energistics and now focus on standards - so I am sure there will be synergies!).

I also will not rename this blog ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home